The Science Learning Partnership programme is unlike the other curriculum hubs and CPD offers in the region.
Our focus is on creating and enhancing groups of schools and colleges who can identify shared needs and focuses in order to maximise opportunities for training and subsequently improve opportunities for their students.
Our CPD courses are all nationally approved through a rigorous quality-controlled process. They are based on current research and delivered by our approved, accredited and recommended facilitators. Typically, they will cost £90 per day or £150 for 2 days, though this can occasionally vary. If you are interested in attending one of our CPD days, click the 'CPD Events' page above.
Create your own bespoke offer
Sometimes schools are looking for something very specific. We have a wide range of different opportunities available from:
- Needs analysis meetings with SLT/Heads of Science
- Coaching sessions for individual members of staff
- Work alongside other primary or secondary schools in your area to create a 6-part network package designed for both your Science leads and whole department/staff.
- Create a single or series of twilight sessions for your school or department.
Become a STEM accredited facilitator
We are always on the lookout for experienced and skilled Science (or Computing) teachers to help run our courses. To become a facilitator, we offer a 2-day training programme which leads to accreditation. We can then offer payment for any courses you run - a very flexible arrangement which works around your existing time commitments. If you are interested, please contact Michael. Please note that we may ask for a reference from your headteacher or a colleague.
Sponsor a School to attend CPD
Host an Event
It is always helpful to run events in a variety of locations. We are always keen to hear if you have a venue which is available for use. Though requirements do vary depending on the course, the main factors for us are:
- Is there convenient parking?
- Is the venue able to provide refreshments/lunch? (Especially for day courses.)
- Is there a lab available (for Secondary/FE courses)?
- Are toilets/other facilities conveniently accessible?
For hosting schools, we are generally able to offer free places on courses in return for reduced/free venue and food costs.
Sponsor an Event
We really value sponsorship on our events. Not only does sponsorship help us to keep costs lower for our delegates but also enhances the experiences of those who are attending if you have a stand for them to view. If you would like to sponsor an event, let us know.